Monday, October 3, 2011

Blessed !

                 Linda and I have been blessed to know and consider friends, a great many wonderful people, through our travels to Uganda and Rwanda.

                 An incredible couple at Mengo hospital in Kampala, Uganda, Dr. Ken and Lynn Chapman. They have been at Mengo for at least 25 years, Ken began as a dentist at Mengo and met Lynn on a bus as she was doing mission work herself. They have dedicated their lives to the Ugandan people thru Campus Crusade for Christ.

                We have got to know Archbishop Henry Orombi, one of the most influential people in the world wide Anglican Church, but we call him Henry.

                And a great many people doing amazing work in east Africa, but the most amazing are the girls of King's Daughters, who have overcome adversity and excelled. With a little hand up, they have become wonderful young women. Close to our hearts are Molly, who not only completed the dental program at Mulago Dental school, but gives back by going into schools and holds clinics. Liz, who is a big sister/ Mom to the girls and lifts the spirits of whoever is around her with her energy an enthusiasm.

                  We have been able to share this experience with our children, Angela and Adam. Angela, a Dental assistant, teaching at Mengo and Adam helping me install equipment at Mulago Dental school. 

                  We have had the opportunity to travel to place most will never see, there is a point in each trip when I say to myself " I'm in Africa, how cool is that".

                   God has blessed me with skills that I can use to help others and transfer those skills to others, with the aim of making myself redundant.

                  I will BLOG once I arrive in Rwanda if I can get a good internet connection.

                   Blessings    Jeremy

1 comment: