Thursday, October 20, 2011

Great day in the village


October 21 2010 


         Today was a fantastic day, we went to a hospital in a village about an hour outside Kigali, to install two chairs. We arrived and were welcomed with open arms. We were greeted by the head of the Dental dept. and the medical director. They took us on a tour of the hospital, especially touching was the neo-natal ward, there were several babies in incubators, including two sets of twins, as my new Grand daughter was just born and had to be the neo natal nursery for a time.
          We installed the equipment in record time, with a couple of people helping and many watching, but not getting in the way like yesterday.  The Medical Director presented us with gifts, thanking us for the things we are doing for Rwanda. These people were the most genuinely thankful people we have met so far. Once we had finished, they insisted on taking us for lunch in town.
           It was good to see more of Rwanda, it is an extremely beautiful country, and tomorrow we are going a little further out, about 2 hours to another hospital, to install 2 more chairs.
           After we got back to Kigali, we went out for dinner at an Indian restaurant that we had been to last trip, we had a great meal. I have walked more in the last three days , than I have in the last year, for those who know me, this is totally out of character. Kigali is very hilly, so I must be getting exercise, if I haven’t lost weight on this trip I never will.

       Thanks for the prayers,  Blessings  Jeremy

2 comments:

  1. Awesome Jeremy, sounds very exciting, makes me wish I was with you but I would have just been in your way. Well, maybe now you can go walking with me now that you have your feet wet so to speak! I am sure a few pounds have melted off between the walking and the heat and the stairs at your hotel! Well done on all the hard work! Enjoy the next trip but be careful and go with God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i guess this comment was from mum. am glad you are getting things done very fast dad. am so proud of you. shedding off a few pounds wouldn't hurt i presume. i miss you

    ReplyDelete